- Random Adult: You're going to college? What are you majoring in?
- Me: English
- Random Adult: So you're going to become an English teac-
- Me: NO
- Random Adult: ...so what are you planning on having as a profession?
- Me: .. I don't know.
How you know you’re an English major: you never do the reading for your classes.
THIS IS THE BEST!
As a person who just graduated with an English degree, I thank you, Weird Al, for mocking the grammar-less.
(In all seriousness, educate yourselves, people. Edit before you post. Word crimes are really annoying.)
"what are you going to do with a degree in english?" write a book so good that everyone will stop being condescending to creative young people
I should have said:
PSA: When you ask me what I’m going to college for and I reply with “English,” it’s rude to roll your eyes and make a gross disapproving noise and then question what I’m going to do with the rest of my life. In my defense, you’re the one buying a plastic tub of $12 vodka at 10:25 in the morning….
"what are you going to do with a degree in english?" i got 99 problems but at least none are math mkay
1. Your non-English major friends like to pick on you whenever you make any grammar mistake.
2. Other English majors like to judge the books you read. They seem to forget that reading can just be for enjoyment, and not to over analyze.
3. Yet, you also start to over analyze EVERYTHING, even your favorite TV show
4. Coffee is essential for life